David and I have had good success with him receiving my signal at 1 watt and and down into the sub 10 milliwatt levels so we decided to go for broke and try for 1 milliWatt! After David lowered his 40′ tower to ground level and assembled a 30 meter inverted V dipole and managed to raise the tower with the apex of the inverted V dipole at 50′ reception of my signal was much better!
On February first 2006 David received the first glimpses of my QRSS sawtooth waveform at 1314 UTC the emails between us were fast and furious! Finally he started sending me ARGO captures of my signal and I confirmed that he was indeed seeing my signal at 961 MicroWatts!!
David deserves all the credit for this great success! All I did was put a signal on the air and it was up to David to dig my weak signal out of the noise and interference!! Also this accomplishment would not have possible without the ARGO software by Alberto di Bene which allowed David to see my signal many dB below the audible noisefloor!
2/1/2006 9:51 AM
Larry’s 1 mW signal appeared here again briefly at sunrise my time. Unfortunately severe pactor QRM “whited out” image captures beyond the time shown in the image below. (My local time = UTC + 8 hours.)
And so we continue at lower power levels!